Friday 5 October 2012

My first commission!

I've been thrilled with my new hobby!
I've bought a gorgeous crochet hook case, which came complete with 15 crochet hooks in various different sizes, a few of the smaller ones are even metal! I've received my "nappy pin" stitch markers, which have replaced my make-shift paper clip ones, making the whole process so much easier!
And the 1kg bag of toy stuffing has also arrived!

 And I'm pleased to say that last week I received a phone call from my lovely Mum, requesting a Baby Layette Set for a little one due in November. I couldn't resist, so have been making some rather gorgeous baby things!  I'm getting used to crocheting in lines, and not spirals! That means lots of stitch counting, but it's keeping me amused!

I've hunted out quite a few FREE patterns, which I found on Ravelry and the internet, including this one.
 

I absolutely loved the look of the blanket, but after having made the bonnet, the booties and started on the jacket, I've realised there are NO blanket instructions!
But they are gorgeous nonetheless!
I guess in time, when I have a little more crochet experience behind me I will be able to make a pattern myself, as there are many elements in the blanket which are obviously in the other items too.
However, mathematics really aren't my strong point!

So here are the items I've made so far!



The jacket was going really well until sadly I picked it up last night, after a few nights without sleep and tried to sew the shoulder seams together. Sadly I mis-aligned them, and in trying to unpick the stitches, I've ended up cutting into the top row of stitches! I'm not sure if I can salvage it yet, but to save my sanity, it's been temporarily put aside!
I have however, found another pattern which does include a blanket, booties, bonnet and jacket, and have ordered the wool this morning, so hopefully it won't take too long to arrive!

Till then, I'm gonna try and have a go at a tutorial I've found on YouTube, so hopefully I'll be back soon with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment