Saturday 13 October 2012

Despicable Me!

I absolutely adore the film Despicable Me! especially those gorgeous Minions.
They make me laugh so much, and each time I've watched it, I've noticed them doing something else!
So when I saw this beanie pattern on Etsy I just couldn't resist ordering it!
The instructions include a normal beanie or one with earflaps! I wasn't sure this was going to fit Charlie, so I stopped at the basic beanie, it seemed really small when making it up, despite the pattern stating it would fit a 4 to 12 year old. But I can see where you could adjust it to fit. So not a major problem!
But I'm pretty sure Gemma WON'T be asking me to make her one!



And here he is!
It was so quick to make, it only took a couple of hours to sew and finish off.
Plus the added bonus was it only used, single and double crochet!
Charlie had gone to bed when I started making it, he awoke to seeing a yellow hat on the sofa, turned it over and shouted "Minion!" I think him wearing it is a seal of approval!
Just hope he doesn't wear it to rugby in the morning!

I'm still working on the baby set requested by Mum, I've made the bonnet and nearly finished the jacket, but just needed a little break from the endless shells!

No comments:

Post a Comment