Wednesday 26 September 2012

Yeah or Neigh?

With so much enthusiasm, a heap of wool spilling over the box, and YouTube poised for action, I needed inspiration on what to make!
I knew exactly what, after I found this rather gorgeous Alfalfa the Horse pattern on Ravelry.
If you've never looked on Ravelry before, I highly recommend it, with loads of free patterns, and lots of fabulous designs for just a few pounds each, plus oodles of inspiration!

So, having only really ever mastered the foundation chain, I set about making this little cutie!
I was really surprised just how easy it was! I've used up loads of paper clips, which have made reasonably good stitch markers, until my ones arrive from Japan!
I've gone through so many, mainly because they end up down the back and sides of the sofa!
The ones I'm waiting for are like nappy pins, so hopefully they'll stay in the stitch.

The weather here today has been terribly poor and so the photo is really poor quality, so will hopefully take a few better ones when it brightens up a bit. But hopefully you can see how gorgeous it turned out?

I love all the details, the pattern includes directions to make the reins, lead rope, blanket and there is a saddle too!

I'm so surprised with how well it turned out, I never in a month of Sundays expected it to look anything like the pattern picture! But I'm rather pleased to say it does!
Hope you like it too!
Please give me a Yeah or a Neigh?
I'll be back soon with another project!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely a yeah! He's adorable, you're so clever! I'd love to know how long he took!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a couple of rainy days! And there's been too many of them lately......thank you for your lovely comment x

      Delete
  2. Clearly a yeah! Very cute and beautifully finished (why am I not surprised!). You sure you're new to this?! x

    ReplyDelete